SECTION 1- WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT AND WHEN
We may ask you to provide a certain personal data the moment you use our website. For example, when you would like to become a registered user of our platform, create an account or interact with our website, contact us, request to receive communications. To better serve Website visitors and subscribers, and to enable the operation of the services offered on the Website, Respectance collects basic types of information from users:
- Aggregate User and Tracking Information: This information provides insights on how subscribers and visitors use the Website and other Respectance products. This data is anonymous in nature and does not contain any personally identifiable information. This information is used to ensure that the Website, email messages and marketing efforts continue to appeal to users.
- Pictures, videos and documents
- Payment or credit card information, just in case you want to pay for extra paid options. Otherwise we do not ask you for any payment details.
- Marketing and cookie preferences
- We also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
Respectance only requires personally identifiable information from you when it is needed for registration or placing orders on the Website.
Other information Respectance collects
When you visit the Website, some information about your visit may be automatically collected using cookies, log analysis software and other aggregate tracking technologies.
Respectance allows you to select the relation you have with the lost loved one. We believe that the entire Respectance community benefits when people share their relationships in tributes. You may discover new stories about your lost ones while your tribute may help another member fill gaps in their memories and cherish those special moments. We recognize that the information about relationships can be sensitive so we reserve the right to remove any submission that is not correct after a check with the creator of the tribute.
Intended use of personal data. You can visit our website without any registration. You can comment and post anonymously. However, in order you would like to be an active user, with a complete profile, which is able to operate under his/her name, create personal tributes, share content, and use pay options we request your personal data. Your data is not used for any additional purpose, such as to profile those who access our website.
SECTION 2 – WHY AND HOW WE PROCESS YOUR INFORMATION
Personally Identifiable Information
Respectance may use your information, including personally identifiable information, for business purposes including, without limitation, the following:
- To improve the quality of your visit to the Website and affiliated Websites and services.
- To create your account with Respectance.
- To send marketing communications to you.
- To update your account with any information received from you or from third-party sources about you.
Also, Respectance may use your information, including personally identifiable information, as follows:
- Respectance may share your information with our parent company, subsidiaries or other affiliates that control, are controlled by, or under common control with Respectance.
- Respectance sometimes contracts with other companies and individuals to perform functions or services on its behalf, such as hosting the Website, sending email messages, administering surveys, delivering packages, and processing credit card orders. Such third parties may have access to personally identifiable information, such as email addresses, street addresses, and credit card numbers, needed to perform their functions, but are restricted from using it for purposes other than providing services for Respectance.
- In some cases, Respectance may choose to buy or sell assets. In these business transfers, customer information, including personally identifiable information, is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if Respectance, or substantially all of its assets were acquired, or in the unlikely event that Respectance goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, customer information, including personally identifiable information, would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of Respectance or any of its assets may continue to use your personally identifiable information as set forth in this policy.
- Respectance may preserve and has the right to disclose any information about you or your use of the Website without your prior permission if Respectance has a good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- protect and defend the rights, property or safety of Respectance or its affiliates, other users of the Website, or the public;
- enforce the Terms of Service for the Website;
- respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third parties; or
- resolve credit card disputes or for fraud protection.
Respectance may also disclose information as Respectance deems necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request.
- Respectance may share any information you submit when Respectance has your consent to do so, or when Respectance needs to share it in order to provide the information or service you requested.
Non-personally Identifiable Information
Respectance may use your non-personally identifiable information it collects during your visit to the Website, during your interaction with Respectance's emails or during your interaction with Respectance's third-party marketing efforts for other purposes including, without limitation, the following:
- To better monitor in aggregate the effectiveness of Respectance's online and offline advertising and marketing campaigns.
- To better monitor in aggregate how visitors and customers are using the Website.
- To ensure that the Website and emails continue to provide relevant content that is interesting and useful to users.
- To uncover and diagnose problems with the Website and Respectance's servers.
- For day-to-day system administration needs.
If you choose to create tributes on Respectance through Facebook Connect, we do not get access to your email address nor do we have any access to your personal data or private information.
Log File Analysis
Respectance also collects information from your computer each time you visit the Website using log file analysis software.
Information measured, analyzed and collected in this manner may include but is not limited to: your IP address, operating system, platform information, date and time of your clickstream behavior, cookie information, session information (includes: page interaction information, browser interaction information, page response times, length of visits to individual pages, and download errors) and web browser software.
Information collected on how you use the Website does not include personally identifiable information. Though some personally identifiable information may be collected in this process, the information collected is not used to track an individual's use through the Website.
SECTION 3- WHAT YOU GET FROM RESPECTANCE
While your registration we ask you if you would like to get an informational updates from Hart Volgers. In case you agreed on it we may use the email address provided to send you marketing communications. Respectance believes that honest and clear communications with subscribers and users is a key part of a great experience. All of Respectance's email communications contain information on how to unsubscribe, and Respectance honors all requests as quickly as possible. Below are examples (without limitation) of communications you may receive from Respectance:
Registration Email Messages
When you join for an account, you will receive an email confirming your registration (as applicable). The email message will contain your name, the email address you provided and your Respectance sign-in information.
Marketing or Promotional Emails
Respectance may send you marketing materials. These mailings will contain information on how to unsubscribe, and Respectance honors all requests as quickly as possible.
If you are receiving communications from Respectance and wish to unsubscribe, either follow the unsubscribe instructions in the communication or follow the opt-out instructions below to indicate that you no longer want to receive email from Respectance.
If you send Respectance a question or suggestion, Respectance may use your email address, telephone number or postal address to respond to you.
Respectance Products - Other Websites
Respectance does not share personally identifiable information with business partners who display or offer Respectance products or services on their Websites.
SECTION 4 – CONSENT
How do we get your consent?
If we ask for your personal information for a reason, like marketing, we will ask you directly for your expressed consent and provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent yourself, by using “Delete account” option on our website. You can also reach us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us at email@example.com or mailing us at:
SECTION 5 – DISCLOSURE
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
SECTION 6 –PAYPAL
Our website is running transactions via PayPal. They assist us with providing our services to you. Your data is stored a.o. through their data storage, databases and the general applications. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
SECTION 7 – THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
SECTION 8 – SECURITY, PROTECTION and MANAGEMENT OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Respectance processes Personal Data both as a Processor and as a Controller as defined in the Directive and GDPR. All data collected by Respectance will be stored exclusively in secure hosting facilities. All hosting is performed in accordance with the highest security regulations. All transfers of data internally is done in accordance with this data processing agreement.
Security. To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. Respectance understands that the safety of your personal information is extremely important to you. That is why Respectance uses both electronic and other measures to keep your information protected from unauthorized access. We use industry-standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) software to protect the transmission of information that you submit to the Website. This software encrypts the information that you input.
While we use current industry standard procedures to protect your privacy, unfortunately, no data transmission or storage security can be guaranteed 100% of the time. In addition, third parties may unlawfully intercept or obtain information from the Website. We do not promise that your personally identifiable information will remain private in such cases.
Retention of your data. We store your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collect it.
Destruction of your data. We will destroy your personal information immediately once we no longer need to keep it. In case of any data was printed on paper, the personal information will be shredded. If saved in electronic form, the personal data will be destroyed using irreversible technical means.
Your rights related to your personal data.
- You have the right to be informed. We are completely transparent in how we are using personal data.
- You can request to access your personal information. You have the right to know exactly what information is held about you and how it is processed.
- You can correct your personal data if it is incomplete or you find it inaccurate
- You can delete your personal data
- You can request suspension of personal information processing, subject to relevant law.
- You can withdraw your consent at any time, where we have obtained your consent for the processing of your personal data.
- You can object to the processing of your personal data, including opting-out from the use for direct marketing purposes.
- You can request that your personal data held by us be transported to another organization.
- You have the rights related to automated decision making and profiling. Individuals have the right not to be subject to a decision and must be able to obtain human intervention, express their point of view, and obtain an explanation of the decision and challenge it.
The Website allows you to choose not to provide personally identifiable information. However, if you opt not to disclose information to us, you may not be able to make a purchase or take advantage of certain features of the Website.
Subscribers may view and change their personally identifiable information. The information is located in their password-protected profile in the "My Profile" section of the Website.
If you have any questions about collection and storage of data, please contact us at at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailing us at:
SECTION 9 – COOKIES
There are two types of cookies: permanent cookies and temporary cookies (session cookies). Permanent cookies are stored as a file on your computer or mobile device for a maximum of 12 months. Session cookies are temporarily stored and are deleted when you close your browser. We use permanent cookies if you choose the option "Remember my details" when logging in. We can use session cookies if you use a filter, for example.
By using cookies, Respectance is able to:
- Personalize and enhance your visit to the Website.
- Expedite account log-in.
- Better measure how many users view and/or access the Website.
- Better measure the effectiveness of online marketing campaigns.
Here is a list of cookies that we use. We’ve listed them here:
- sessionid To determine user
- csrftoken Used to protect against online forms being submitted from unauthorised locations
- __utmt This cookie is set by Google Analytics. According to their documentation it is used to throttle the request rate for the service - limiting the collection of data on high traffic sites. It expires after 10 minutes
- __utma Cookie This cookie is what’s called a “persistent” cookie, as in, it never expires (technically, it does expire…in the year 2038…but for the sake of explanation, let’s pretend that it never expires, ever). This cookie keeps track of the number of times a visitor has been to the site pertaining to the cookie, when their first visit was, and when their last visit occurred. Google Analytics uses the information from this cookie to calculate things like Days and Visits to purchase.
- _utmb and _utmc The B and C cookies are brothers, working together to calculate how long a visit takes. _utmb takes a timestamp of the exact moment in time when a visitor enters a site, while _utmc takes a timestamp of the exact moment in time when a visitor leaves a site. _utmb expires at the end of the session. _utmc waits 30 minutes, and then it expires. You see, __utmc has no way of knowing when a user closes their browser or leaves a website, so it waits 30 minutes for another pageview to happen, and if it doesn’t, it expires.
- __utmz Mr. _utmz keeps track of where the visitor came from, what search engine you used, what link you clicked on, what keyword you used, and where they were in the world when you accessed a website. It expires in 15,768,000 seconds – or, in 6 months. This cookie is how Google Analytics knows to whom and to what source / medium / keyword to assign the credit for a Goal Conversion or an Ecommerce Transaction. _utmz also lets you edit its length with a simple customization to the Google Analytics Tracking code.
twitter cookies _ga, eu_cn, guest_id, personalization_id, tfw_exp
Facebook cookies c_user, datr, fr, pl, pnl_data2, sb, wd, xs
Youtube cookies CONSENT, PREF, VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE, YSC
SECTION 10 – AGE OF CONSENT
By using this site, you declare that you are at least of age in your state or province, or that you are of age in your state or province and that you have given permission to your minor dependents to use this site. We will not knowingly collect, use or disclose personal information to a minor under the age of 13 without the prior consent of a person with parental responsibility (eg a parent or guardian) through direct off-line contact. Respectance recognizes the importance of children's safety and privacy on the Internet. For this reason, and in compliance with certain laws, Respectance does not intentionally collect or maintain personal information from children under the age of 13, nor do we offer any content targeted to children. We ask that children under the age of thirteen not use the Website.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact us via email@example.com or mailing us at: