To better serve Website visitors and subscribers, and to enable the operation of the services offered on the Website, Respectance collects two basic types of information from users:
- Aggregate User and Tracking Information: This information provides insights on how subscribers and visitors use the Website and other Respectance products. This data is anonymous in nature and does not contain any personally identifiable information. This information is used to ensure that the Website, email messages and marketing efforts continue to appeal to users.
Respectance only requires personally identifiable information from you when it is needed for registration or placing orders on the Website.
Other information Respectance collects
When you visit the Website, some information about your visit may be automatically collected using cookies, log analysis software and other aggregate tracking technologies.
Respectance allows you to select the relation you have with the lost loved one. We believe that the entire Respectance community benefits when people share their relationships in tributes. You may discover new stories about your lost ones while your tribute may help another member fill gaps in their memories and cherish those special moments. We recognize that the information about relationships can be sensitive so we reserve the right to remove any submission that is not correct after a check with the creator of the tribute.
Cookies are files that contain small amounts of data. If your browser is configured to accept these files, they are stored on your computer's hard drive. These data files are used whenever you visit the Website. Cookies capture and remember certain information about you. However, Respectance's cookies do not collect personally identifiable information, and we do not combine the information collected through cookies with other information to tell us who you are.
By using cookies, Respectance is able to:
- Personalize and enhance your visit to the Website.
- Expedite account log-in.
- Better measure how many users view and/or access the Website.
- Better measure the effectiveness of online marketing campaigns.
If you choose to create tributes on Respectance through Facebook Connect, we do not get access to your email address nor do we have any access to your personal data or private information.
Log File Analysis
Respectance also collects information from your computer each time you visit the Website using log file analysis software.
Information measured, analyzed and collected in this manner may include but is not limited to: your IP address, operating system, platform information, date and time of your clickstream behavior, cookie information, session information (includes: page interaction information, browser interaction information, page response times, length of visits to individual pages, and download errors) and web browser software.
Information collected on how you use the Website does not include personally identifiable information. Though some personally identifiable information may be collected in this process, the information collected is not used to track an individual's use through the Website.
Use of Collected Information
Personally Identifiable Information
Respectance may use your information, including personally identifiable information, for business purposes including, without limitation, the following:
- To improve the quality of your visit to the Website and affiliated Websites and services.
- To create your account with Respectance.
- To send marketing communications to you.
- To update your account with any information received from you or from third-party sources about you.
Also, Respectance may use your information, including personally identifiable information, as follows:
- Respectance may share your information with our parent company, subsidiaries or other affiliates that control, are controlled by, or under common control with Respectance.
- Respectance sometimes contracts with other companies and individuals to perform functions or services on its behalf, such as hosting the Website, sending email messages, administering surveys, delivering packages, and processing credit card orders. Such third parties may have access to personally identifiable information, such as email addresses, street addresses, and credit card numbers, needed to perform their functions, but are restricted from using it for purposes other than providing services for Respectance.
- In some cases, Respectance may choose to buy or sell assets. In these business transfers, customer information, including personally identifiable information, is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if Respectance, or substantially all of its assets were acquired, or in the unlikely event that Respectance goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, customer information, including personally identifiable information, would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquiror of Respectance or any of its assets may continue to use your personally identifiable information as set forth in this policy.
- Respectance may preserve and has the right to disclose any information about you or your use of the Website without your prior permission if Respectance has a good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- protect and defend the rights, property or safety of Respectance or its affiliates, other users of the Website, or the public;
- enforce the Terms of Service for the Website;
- respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third parties; or
- resolve credit card disputes or for fraud protection.
Respectance may also disclose information as Respectance deems necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request.
- Respectance may share any information you submit when Respectance has your consent to do so, or when Respectance needs to share it in order to provide the information or service you requested.
Non-personally Identifiable Information
Respectance may use your non-personally identifiable information it collects during your visit to the Website, during your interaction with Respectance's emails or during your interaction with Respectance's third-party marketing efforts for other purposes including, without limitation, the following:
- To better monitor in aggregate the effectiveness of Respectance's online and offline advertising and marketing campaigns.
- To better monitor in aggregate how visitors and customers are using the Website.
- To ensure that the Website and emails continue to provide relevant content that is interesting and useful to users.
- To uncover and diagnose problems with the Website and Respectance's servers.
- For day-to-day system administration needs.
What You Get From Respectance
Respectance believes that honest and clear communications with subscribers and users is a key part of a great experience. All of Respectance's email communications contain information on how to unsubscribe, and Respectance honors all requests as quickly as possible. Below are examples (without limitation) of communications you may receive from Respectance:
Registration Email Messages
When you join for an account, you will receive an email confirming your registration (as applicable). The email message will contain your name, the email address you provided and your Respectance sign-in information.
Marketing or Promotional Emails
Respectance may send you marketing materials. These mailings will contain information on how to unsubscribe, and Respectance honors all requests as quickly as possible.
If you are receiving communications from Respectance and wish to unsubscribe, either follow the unsubscribe instructions in the communication or follow the opt-out instructions below to indicate that you no longer want to receive email from Respectance.
Respectance may also send you notifications of new products, surveys and other communications via postal mail. If you do not wish to receive postal mail from Respectance, follow the opt-out instructions below.
If you send Respectance a question or suggestion, Respectance may use your email address, telephone number or postal address to respond to you.
Respectance Products - Other Websites
Respectance does not share personally identifiable information with business partners who display or offer Respectance products or services on their Websites.
Respectance understands that the safety of your personal information is extremely important to you. That is why Respectance uses both electronic and other measures to keep your information protected from unauthorized access. We use industry-standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) software to protect the transmission of information that you submit to the Website. This software encrypts the information that you input.
While we use current industry standard procedures to protect your privacy, unfortunately, no data transmission or storage security can be guaranteed 100% of the time. In addition, third parties may unlawfully intercept or obtain information from the Website. We do not promise that your personally identifiable information will remain private in such cases.
About This Policy
Policies for Users of the Website Under Age 13
Respectance recognizes the importance of children's safety and privacy on the Internet. For this reason, and in compliance with certain laws, Respectance does not intentionally collect or maintain personal information from children under the age of 13, nor do we offer any content targeted to children. We ask that children under the age of thirteen not use the Website.
Choosing Not to Provide, Accessing and Updating your Information
The Website allows you to choose not to provide personally identifiable information. However, if you opt not to disclose information to us, you may not be able to make a purchase or take advantage of certain features of the Website.
Subscribers may view and change their personally identifiable information. The information is located in their password-protected profile in the "My Profile" section of the Website.
It may take a reasonable period of time to respond to any request to cancel or modify an account. If you request the deletion or modification of your personal information maintained by Respectance, such information may be retained for a period of time in Respectance's backup systems as a precaution against system failures. Some information may be retained for longer periods as required by law, contract or auditing requirements.