Date of death: 02-07-2008
Keep on sharing memories of Willie Nieman.
This is a place for everyone who loves Willie. We can share memories, connect with each other and work together to try to save this ...
This is a place for everyone who loves Willie. We can share memories, connect with each other and work together to try to save this planet -- one day at a time. (And don't forget to laugh your ass off while you're here.)
Tribute created by:
2 years, 5 months
Willie, I miss you dearly. I refer to you in chats and discussions I have with many, many people. I defer to you in my moments of indecision and fear. In your kitchen, while your Dearest, Jackie, would be working, we would read and talk about our basic text. Clearly, on a few occasions, I would sit at the kitchen table, spilling my guts in confession of my past, and you would laugh at me, and laugh at my past. Willie, you helped me laugh at myself, and I'll never forget it. You helped me be a man and become accountable and responsible for my life, then and now. Thanks.
A Man that was loved by so many.A Trusted Man amongst his Peers ,An unknown Man amongst enemies.He was a Teacher to me ,Was a caregiver to others,A big brother to many and a son to two And a loving Husband to one.I too being a Friend in his Life stood next to this Man of Word Wisdom Power and Mite.I would follow this Man to any battle or Wave of Shore For my Trust in him was an Unbroken link that will always endure. I have been Fortunate in my Life to of had such a Powerful Friend A King God Bliss Willie Geoffrey
Willie was a constant prescence in my house when I was growing up in Pleasant Hill. He painted houses with my stepfather and was good friends with both my parents. I remember him wearing shorts and flip flops all the time. I remember him pacing back and forth with a phone up to his ear, always so passionate and hyped up about everything he was thinking and/or talking about. My sister and I still laugh today about the time Willie was sitting in one of our dining room chairs and for some odd reason the whole chair suddenly crumbled beneath him and he landed on the floor with a loud, "Mother@$!&er!" We thought it was the funniest thing! He always made us laugh and I remember being excited when he'd come over. Later on in my teen years he'd talk about my love of writing and told me I was very smart and I could do whatever I wanted. Some things happened in my life and I wouldn't see Willie again until 2006 when I was 30 years old. He came into the dental lab I worked at for an appointment. We had a very pleasant exchange and he looked and acted exactly the same as I remembered. Good old Willie....so smart and witty! I was shocked and saddened to learn of his passing at such a young age.
Here is a song that emphasises about the need to give and the joy of giving. Signature Sound joins in at the end and gives a great effect to the song.
Willie loved to laugh. And he loved words used intelligently for good purpose. Any good purpose. So this one's for you, Willie.
The Washington Post's Mensa Invitational asks readers to take any word from the dictionary, alter it by adding, subtracting, or changing one letter, and then supply a new definition.
Here are this year's winners.
1. Intaxication: Euphoria at getting a tax refund, which lasts until you realize it was your money to start with.
2. Reintarnation: Coming back to life as a hillbilly.
3. Bozone (n.): The substance surrounding stupid people that stops bright ideas from penetrating. The bozone layer, unfortunately, shows little sign of breaking down in the near future.
4. Cashtration (n.): The act of buying a house, which renders the subject financially impotent for an indefinite period.
5. Giraffiti: Vandalism spray-painted very, very high.
6. Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.
7. Inoculatte: To take coffee intravenously when you are running late.
8. Hipatitis: Terminal coolness.
9. Osteopornosis: A degenerate disease. (This one got extra credit.)
10. Karmageddon: It's like, when everybody is sending off all these really bad vibes, right? And then, like, the Earth explodes and it's, like, a serious bummer.
11. Decafalon (n.): The gruelling event of getting through the day consuming only things that are good for you.
12. Glibido: All talk and no action.
13. Dopeler effect: The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly.
14. Arachnoleptic fit (n.): The frantic dance performed just after you've accidentally walked through a spider web.
15. Beelzebug (n.): Satan in the form of a mosquito, that gets into your bedroom at three in the morning and cannot be cast out.
16. Caterpallor (n.): The color you turn after finding half a worm in the fruit you're eating.
And The #1 Pick (Willie would especially love this one, which we dedicate to Dubya):
17. Ignoranus: A person who's both stupid and an asshole.
I remember Willie from the Treadway and Parkland days in the late 70's, early 80's. He would come over, hang out, sing, play and party with the crowd of us. He was a charming, boisterous, and passionate man. I did not know him well, but I remember the girls were crazy about him - he was such a cutie pie. And the guys loved his engaging personality. Later, I learned about the depth of his character as he was such a good friend to my dear friend, Liz. Sad to see the passing of one of us.
- Delete memory?
Are you sure you want to send a request for delete this memory?
This action cannot be undone.